Some of Carson's have been:
- Little one (especially before he was born - we didn't know if he was a boy or a girl, so it worked!)
- Little Nutbrown Hair (from the book "Guess How Much I Love You"
- Carson-i (pronounced with a long 'o' and a long 'e'- given by one of his doctors while waiting for his liver transplant)
- Sweet Pea (again, years ago...not exactly cool to call a 9 year old 'Sweet Pea'
- Husker (pronounced 'Hoosker') - this is after a childhood memory game we played 'Husker Du' - the updated version today is just not the same)
- Pumpkin (especially two years ago with her reddish hair - it's lightened up so much in two years, but she'll always be 'Pumpkin')
- Gracie (and we giggle each time we say 'say goodnight, Gracie')
- Sweetie (she is our sweetheart)
- Princess (given her affinity for Disney Princesses, this is just a given)
- (Edited after initial posting - thanks, Mom, for reminding me...I was obviously tired)
- Llama, Llama (Grace loves the 'Llama, llama' books. I'm 'Llama Mama' and she's my little 'Llama, Llama'). If you haven't seen these books, no matter your age, you should check some out. They can't help but put a smile your face.
- Doo-dah (somewhere there must be Norsk blood flowing through Grace's veins as she is a natural at some of the sayings! Uff da! Doo dah! Fi dah!)
Carson has affectionately given Grace a nickname: Far Far. It has nothing to do with the fact that we live in the 'Far'go - Moorhead community. Nope. Not even close.
Any guesses on where he came up with it?
As Carson explains, when Grace runs (rarely walks) she goes 'far, far'. (And might I add 'fast, fast'!)
We just love our Tuk Tuk and Far Far.
2 comments:
What aout Grammy's name for Grace: " DooDah" ? Or your other name for her "Llama Llama" ?
Carson will always be Grammy's "Little Nutbrown Hare/Hair"
When I was little, I was always "pumpkin" for the same reasons as Grace. It works. :-)
Post a Comment