Monday, February 28, 2011

Older than fractions?

I was working with Carson on some math homework over the weekend. 

Did you know that a triangle is 1/6 of a hexagon?

Did you know that a rhombus is 1/3 of a hexagon?

Did you know that a trapezoid is 1/2 of a hexagon?

If not, now you do.

Towards the end of the lesson, I told Carson that I didn't learn all of this stuff in fourth grade. 

Carson proceeded to ask "Did they have fractions when you were in fourth grade, Mom?"

Sigh.

Lesson was over at that point.

I wish I would have told him that one triceratops was 1/6 a t-rex back in my day. 

3 comments:

The Grammy Blog said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grammy said...

So, I suppose he doesn't think we even had numbers when Grammy was in 4th grade !

Auntie Diane said...

That is SO cute. It so reminds me of when Steven was about 5. He asked me what year we were married. When I told him he said, "Your pictures must be in black and white". (NO THEY ARE NOT.) Auntie Diane