Tuesday, May 26, 2009

End of May? Seriously?

Trav is doing very well - all things considered. He is still not 100% but getting closer and closer every day. :)

Carson is on the final school countdown. He has three days left this week and four next week. He announced to Travis tonight that he almost choked on something at school today so perhaps he (Carson) should have his tonsils out. Hmmm....that is a good idea, Carson, but it won't help with choking. We're planning to tell him next Wednesday or so. He'll probably blow us away and be thrilled about it. He has thought it is very impressive how Dad can have Popsicles any time of day that he wants. Kinda like Bill Cosby's chocolate cake for breakfast concept. Not much cooler than that!

Carson did get new earmolds made today for his hearing aids. He really liked the red, white and blue swirl but opted for a blue cat-eye look. Will be fun to see how they look next week.

Grace is obsessed with being outside and even on a windy, rainy day like yesterday she wanted to head outside. Her sign language and verbal language have really exploded and she is repeating everything. Tonight she had me laughing so hard. She was having a hard time settling down to sleep. She wasn't upset. In true Grace style, she was singing away (Grace falls alseep and wakes up singing). I came in to rock-a-bye a bit. After a bit, I thought that perhaps she needed a nightcap of milk. So, as I often do, I called out "Hey Travis", knowing that likely Trav would hear me over the monitor or from a few rooms away. Without much pause, Grace added "Daddy, milk!". She knew!!!

Grace also had to go through all of the fingerplays we do "5 little monkeys", "Patty Cake", "In a Cottage", "Itsy, Bitsy Spider", "Here's the church". She was trying to engage me in doing them with her. I told her it was time to sleep. So she grabbed my hand and with a big smile, tried to get me going again. It was VERY hard not to giggle. Such a silly girl!

Last week we had a fun evening with a good friend that lives much to far away. It was wonderful, as always, to catch up, Katie. I miss you!

We had a wonderful rummage sale and got rid of A LOT of kid clothes. I couldn't have gotten everything together if it hadn't been for the help of two good friends on Thursday evening. Feels wonderful to have gotten rid of so much stuff. Our basement storage room looks so much better. We need to spend one evening straightening up in there and then it should be in pretty good shape.

We had a fun time seeing nephew Jack (oh and Chris and Hilary too) this weekend. He's grown so much in such a short time. We took the kids in for some pics too. Such cuties! We hosted a 'Meet Jack' party yesterday and despite the rain and wind we had a good turn out. We're thankful we had our garage space!

I'm off to Grand Forks the next two days for state meetings. I'm making some progress (albeit slow it seems) on refining my research topic and continuing to narrow it down. If I keep posting progress up dates here I feel like it keeps me accountable! :)

Got to get some research reading in - hope all is well and keep praying for Paityn!

No comments: