Okay, so this blog won't be all about adoption. After all, it's not like we have something to update every day or even every week about our adoption process. So, we'll track 'life' in general here too. :)
We're enjoying the warmth of spring - yesterday was amazing! We're seeing more and more perennials in our perennial garden pop through the ground. We have a few more coming via mail-order and it'll be great to get them in. By the way, if you ever are looking to order plants check out Bluestone Perennials. They are an affordable, friendly family-based business with eco-friendly packaging. We placed an order last fall and it had partial shipment - some last fall and some this spring. We placed another small order this spring and they didn't charge any additional shipping for the latest order. They will ship with our order from last fall. Not many companies have that as a practice!
Another round of horse therapy yesterday - Carson was barely seated on his horse and he was asking to trot. Looks like he takes after his mama!
Trav got the garage cleaned out yesterday and one of our wonderful neighbors helped haul the sheetrock downstairs to the basement. Feels great to get both vehicles back in the garage again! (The third stall is full of toys, lawn and garden stuff and tools - looking forward to cleaning that out soon too.)
Last night was 'awesome' (have to get some '80's lingo in here). My best friend from high school and I went to Bon Jovi at the FargoDome. They played for 2 1/2 hours and were absolutely amazing. Heard all of the classics, plus some recent ones. Yes, I screamed and sang just like a teenager. With over 25,000 others in attendance, I certainly wasn't the only one. :)
Carson and the rest of the Sunday School sang in church today. He did well and they sang one of his favorite songs, "God Gave Us a Special Book - the B - I - B - L - E." Trav and I attended a play production at NDSU this afternoon and then met up with Carson, Grammy, Great Grandma and more family at cousin David's 7th birthday party. Swimming = fun!
Looking ahead to this week, Trav and I leave on Wednesday for the Cities. We have training Thursday and Friday. We'll be back late Friday night and then it's birthday party weekend for Mr. Carson.
Have a great week!
1 comment:
Hey Rhonda,
visited finally today! Love hearing all the news...and the tips on gardening I will pass on to Steve. He will be thrilled with the tip.
Bon Jovi! How cool is that! I really like Daughtry (Sp?) too! So glad you had enough fun for us all. Enjoy the raspy voice and memories to hold you for a little while.
Looking forward to hearing/reading more soon.
Best to you,
jen bourgault
Post a Comment