Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What's with this girlfriend stuff?

Last night the care agency both kids have respite care through had a client appreciation dinner. Carson's girlfriend had been playing over here, so Trav checked with her Mom to see if it was okay if she came with us. She did.

I met Trav and the three kids at the church where it was being held. As we stood in line I noticed that the two of them were holding hands. Like it was the most natural thing in the world.

WHAT?!?!

After a bit she took a few steps forward to see something closer up in line. Their hands unlocked. Whew.

Trav and I whispered and wondered who was the 'instigator'.

We quickly had our answer. As soon as she got near him again, Carson grabbed her hand. She looked at him and smiled.

UGH!

They were full of whispers, giggles, thumb and pinkie wars, etc. during supper.

I'm not ready for this. In eight years, perhaps (not likely).

Grace will soon be signing a legally binding contract that she won't look at boys (even though she adores two neighbor boys) until she is 30 years old.

That should take care of it. Wish us luck.

Oh, and Danie and Sherryse - I asked Carson about the two of you being his girlfriends a few weeks ago and he looked at me like I was an idiot and told me "Mom, they are both married." At least he didn't display any polygamous tendencies, but he knows you are both off the market.

Hrmph.

4 comments:

Sherryse said...

OH NO! Don't worry Carson! There will always be a place in my heart for you!!! ;-) Jeff can share!

Angie said...

Yeah, let me know how that contract thing works out with Grace. Ha! ;)

Aunt Diane said...

I think Grace and Katie will have similar "contracts". That's what they are talking about too. I think "driving" is also going to be restricted for Katie -- even though she already wants to go to school. We'll see what happens with them both. :) Hang in there Grace!

Ruthie said...

OK now, Carson, don't forget that Grammy loves you, and GRAMMY IS SINGLE AND AVAILABLE ! Don't leave the older women in your life behind in the dust ! Remember those who loved you first and have always been faithful to you ! I'd hold your hand any time !