

We made it home in time for supper and then started to get everything ready for the party on Sunday. The kids played 'pin the web on Spiderman', had a Spiderman PiƱata, played outside and of course, cake & presents. Carson had a great time with his friends and family. Here's one quick pic - I'm still downloading the rest!
It's been a crazy week - Trav has had a lot going on with some class prep and a presentation and I'm in the midst of the finalizations of commencement. Ceremony is a week from tomorrow. Hopefully it is not snowing!
Carson had labs last night. He sat in the lab chair and was ready to go! Of course, he had to watch the whole thing (even if Mom's stomach does a few flip - flops) and on the first poke the blood was flowing! I seem to say it every time now, but it was one of the best draws ever! Carson was still flying high when we got home as he landed two Spiderman stickers from Nancy. You sure know the way to his heart! :)
An update on what's next for the adoption process. We'll be meeting with our social worker soon - it'll be about 2 - 3 meetings, one of which will be at our home. We're hoping to do those in later May - June (after commencement!). We are also starting to brainstorm what we want in our Parent Profile. That will take some time to pull together. More so, it's a brainstorming process and developmental process for the two of us in revising until it's where we want it. We've decided that I'll do it digitally with some scrapbooking software I have (we have 4 pages and there are 7 parent profile books throughout the state = 28 pages, plus at least 10 sets available for mail out is an additional 40 pages...I'm not too keen on 68 pages by hand and of the same 4 pages!) Plus, if we decide to revise and tweak, it would be very labor intensive. We hope to be in 'the book' by fall. LSS doesn't allow their book to get too full - about 60 families is tops at a time. So, depending on where things are at, we may have a bit of a wait to get in the book. We do know that only about 1/4 - 1/3 in the book are open to transracial adoption, so that is encouraging for us. We're open to a variety of other scenarios as well, so that should help (we hope!). From there, we could wait 2 weeks or 3 years.
That's it for now - need to get ready for work!
3 comments:
Posted at 5:51 a.m. Seriously. ;) Such an ambitious girl you are! Thanks for the update; you guys have been on my mind. I was at the farm on Carson's birthday and didn't have your blog or email address with me, and OF COURSE I forgot to get a card sent before I headed up there for a few days, so it will be late (obviously.) Sounds like you had a great day, despite your unending snow! Raining here today, and I sure hope that's all you guys get. Give Carson a hug and tell him to watch the mailbox~love to you all!
Ange
I love the ducky pictures!!! Super funny!
I'm so glad things went well for you in the twin cities and that you had a SAFE (be it a bit lengthy) trip home. Also so glad to hear about the birthday party - I can't believe Mr. Carson is SO big... I know it's a natural progression - but I still think of him as about 3 1/2 or 4! And... I also have never had a ducky! Makes me smile! :o)
Hugs to you all!
Katie
Post a Comment