This is from "Give Me Grace: A Child's Daybook of Prayers" by Cynthia Rylant - a book that Grace received from Ann at Cathedral High School in St. Cloud. We read it nearly every night before bed. The verses are good verses for all of us at any time of our lives, but given what our Fargo-Moorhead community just went through (and is gearing up for again), they are good reminders for trying times too!
Monday make me good and kind to all creatures that I find. Help me love God's whole creation. Make my life a celebration.
Tuesday teach me faith and caring, teach me wisdom, teach me sharing. Raise me up and make me strong. Be with me the whole day long.
Wednesday make me full of light. Guide my heart both day and night. Give me gladness, give me grace. Shine your love upon my face.
Thursday open up my eyes to your angels in the skies. Let me know their wings are near me, and that they will always hear me.
Friday keep the ones I love. Comfort them from up above. Lift their hearts and hold them dear. Help them know that you are here.
Saturday in early morn make me thankful I was born. Give my spirit peace within. Let each day with hope begin.
Sunday in a quiet time, bless this little life of mine. In the wonder of each day, let me live a holy way.
Amen.
1 comment:
I was going to buy her that book! :) :)
Post a Comment