Thursday, July 29, 2010

Milestones

We've had a variety of milestones these past few weeks.  They are something to celebrate!
  • Carson has finished up another summer of tennis, golf, swimming and baseball.  Horse riding continues into August and he has 8 days of art camp in August as well.  He really developed his skills and talents in these events this summer.  We are so proud of him!
  • Grace finished up swimming lessons through school this week.  She continues horse riding through the third week of August.  She longs to be old enough to do the things that brother does!  I think we'll have to look at t-ball for her next year!
  • Grace has been practicing and she put in one of her hearing aids all by herself last week at school.  This is a huge deal! 
  • It's a little over two years since we found out we were chosen to be Grace's forever family.  July 18 will always have such special meaning for us!  When I went to the street fair this year I once again couldn't help but think of all of the emotions I had two years ago when we went.  (Two years ago my Mom, Carson and I went...all three of us went this year!).  We found out about Grace about an hour before we went to the street fair.  I can still find the spot on the curb on Broadway where I sat and cried and cried as I talked to Nana Jane for the first time and heard Grace's sweet voice over the phone. 
  • It'll be two years next Wednesday, August 4 since we first met Grace.  She has changed so much in that time and has lost her 'toddler' look.  Sunday, August 8 is when Grace arrived at our home - our first of two 'Forever Family' days (the other day is her adoption finalization day).  We'll do something special on Sunday to celebrate too. 
  • Carson and I have already gone school shopping for all of the supplies.  Oh how I love school shopping and all of the new supplies!  Next up is to pick up a few clothing items...
  • Carson has had a great time with neighbor kids this summer.  His girlfriend is still at the top of his list and we're not sure how August is going to be.  We return next week from vaca on Wednesday night.  His 'beloved' is leaving Friday and won't return until August 22 - just a little over two weeks.  It's going to be a l-o-n-g two weeks for ALL of us!

1 comment:

Aunt Diane said...

This auntie thinks that you should be allowed to paint a special tribute on that spot on the curb on Broadway.
Carson, I know that you will survive the 2 weeks apart from that special friend. You will have many new experiences in the meantime. (9 years from now -- it will be MUCH harder.)
Love & prayers always.
Auntie Diane