Saturday, November 6, 2010

Is it REALLY November?

With the exception of a couple very awful days of wind, rain and a tad bit of snow (to which my all-weather tolerant Canadian husband even thought was pretty treacherous), we have had an amazing October and November.  In fact, it is hard to believe it is November, with the unseasonable warm temps.  We're not complaining!  Means less time fighting cold and dealing with snow.

Grace is NOT a fan of the cold or wind.  She wanted to stay put in the car a few mornings and not go in to school.  Yikes - could be a long winter! 

Carson doesn't like the wind either.  He never has.  Thankfully, both kids have great winter gear!

As we settle into another month, we started this month off in a pretty busy mode.  Trav's classes continue to keep him hopping.  I left on Wednesday morning for a conference in the Cities and was gone until last night.  Several of us went from NDSU.  As always, it was a great conference.  The sinus crud I've been fighting and dealing with for several weeks transformed into a cold this week - just in time for the conference.  I presented three sessions and was thankful my voice held up.  I did get a chance to dash over to the U of MN hospital and see our little buddy Kylee.  She's back in the hospital for a case of rejection.  Rejection is very typical, especially in the first few months as the transplant team works to tweak her meds to just the right levels.  Kylee wasn't too excited to show off - she was in the midst of a bedside ultrasound when I arrived.  My mask didn't help either.  She is such a sweetie and we are praying lots that she bounces back very soon and will get to settle into the RMH for a bit and be home to Bismarck/Mandan before the holidays.  There wasn't a lot of time to visit with her Mom and Grandma.  My heart sure went out to them - I recognized their exhausted looks all too well.  If you could say an extra prayer for Kylee and write a note of support for this family on Kylee's web page, we'd sure appreciate it!

We had another visit from Papa Chip this past week - he's averaging every 3-4 weeks between visits.  Grace loves seeking his trucks; unfortunately it was such a busy time that she didn't get any rides this time.

It's been a low-key weekend.  Both kids have the sniffles and a bit of a cough.  After a great night of sleep, I'm feeling better.  Still dealing with my cold, but I feel better than yesterday.  We have Sunday School/Church tomorrow and family/kid pics tomorrow afternoon.  Hopefully our snotty noses don't stand out too much on the pics!

No comments: