Sunday, November 21, 2010

The 's' word

Well, it looks like the 's' word is here to stay.  We got our first snowfall today.  It was enough to give a bit of a blanket and make the roads a little slippery.

I'm not a big fan of 's'.  It's hard for me to even say the word.  Special note that I am in the minority on this in our household.  In fact I think I am the only one not excited.

It isn't that I don't like 's'.  I like it when it is pretty and fluffy.  I like it when it falls without any wind.  I like it when it is snowman-making quality (which means it isn't too cold out).

Yes, I have very specific conditions in which I enjoy and like 's'.

But I'm all about cozying with my family, and winter evenings are perfect for that.  And I love how excited Trav and both kids get to go and play in 's'.  That makes me like it a bit more.

Good thing we live in Minnesota!  Guess we'll have to retire someplace more southern and if we want to see 's' we can come north for a bit!

No comments: