Wednesday, November 24, 2010

What are you thankful for?

Carson had a project at school - absolutely love it!  He traced and cut out 12 patterns of his hands - in many fall colors.  On each hand he had to list what he was thankful for.  Here is his list:
  • My family
  • My sister
  • My friends
  • My house
  • My room
  • My bed
  • My parents
  • My pets
  • Minnesota
  • My toys
  • Moorhead
  • The U.S.A.
It is awesome.  I start to cry when he showed it to me.  It is my new favorite craft of his. 

After supper, he had Grace and I list 12 things we were each thankful for.  Here's Grace's list:
  • Carson
  • Mommy
  • Daddy
  • Grace
  • My family
  • Baby
  • Kitties
  • My friends
  • My teachers
  • Food
  • Toys
  • Our house
The last three took a bit of prompting and help from Carson, but the rest were all Grace.  I was so proud of her naming her teachers! 

My list was very similar to both kiddos, but I added my thankfulness for two healthy kids, an amazing husband, and a job that I love.

Daddy got to make his list as soon as he got home from teaching.  Daddy's was very similar to all of ours.  He's also thankful for our great neighbors.

We certainly have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments: