Thursday, November 27, 2008

How can it be almost December?

Seriously. How is that even possible? I know November is a short month. I know that being gone for nearly two weeks can really make a month fly by. But how can December 1st be just a few days away? YIKES!

I typically wrap up a lot of Christmas errands after NDSU's commencement ceremony is done. The weeks leading up to commencement are quite hectic, but I love it. Commencement is one of my favorite things - I love to plan and organize. This year the ceremony is on Saturday, December 20. Clearly, I can't wait until after commencement this year to wrap up any holiday loose ends. I need to get rockin'. I have our Christmas card pics done, but need to work on the letter, and getting them out! It'll all happen.

We are working on some paperwork for Grace's finalization. The finalization process is in the control of the State and County. While we can't wait and are so excited for it, we know it takes time and patience. It would be great if it happened in December - what a Christmas gift for all of us! If not in December, hopefully the latest will be February. Stay tuned!

We enjoyed breakfast at Grammy's last Saturday morning - we had an early Christmas with Chris and Hilary. So fun to see the baby bump growing! Carson raced his car in the Cub Scout Pinewood Derby race on Saturday. Papa Chip was here for the night on Monday as well.

It's been a very busy week. I'm trying to dig through pictures (still). Apparently there are a few of you out there that would like to see them. I'm trying. Really. I still have about a third of the pics to work through. Then I need to upload them to photobucket. Likely early next week. You're going to need popcorn and a beverage and a comfy chair!

Our exciting news is that carpet arrived on Monday for the family room/playroom. We have a few more things to take care of with finishing up the mantle and to get pics up on the wall, but we are mostly unpacked. The fireplace is hooked up (and feels soooooo good), so we have a very functional basement! The bathroom is done and looks great. I'll get pics of everything up soon! Settling in has taken up quite a bit of time (thus, less time to sort through pics!).

We had a low-key Thanksgiving today. Several family members came over - we had 15 in all. Everything was delicious.

We are very, very excited for the arrival of Nana and Papa on Saturday. We know they are very excited to meet Grace. Of course, more pics to come!

Time to sign off for the night - Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: