Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Can you tell?

...it's the start of a new semester?

Last week was a blur kids, school, work, potty seemed to fill every minute. It was one of those 'run, run, run' weeks that I'm not a fan of. A can't-seem-to-catch-your-breath-all-week kind of week.

The glimmer in sight was a three day weekend. We had a wonderful and relaxing weekend, including lunch with sweet Sherryse on Saturday! So wonderful to see you!!!!

Other than our lunch outing and church/Sunday School, we stayed close to home. NDSU and MState were closed yesterday and Carson and Grace were off from school/playgroup. Yesterday I hung out at Barnes and Noble with a co-worker for about 6 hours while we both worked on our dissertations. Felt good, but ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is going to take forever (it seems).

I did impress Carson though.

When I explained that I wasn't going to work since I had a day off, but to a quiet place to work on a book I was writing, his eyes grew wide. He was very excited.

(Side note - there is no way I could tell him where I was going as he loves B&N and would have wanted to come with.)

At that point he exclaimed "You're going to be an author!!!!!"

He wanted me to finish 'the book' by the time I got home yesterday.

Not going to happen buddy.

Hopefully you'll still be impressed when I actually do finish this thing! :)

No comments: