A quick update that Great Grandma is doing quite well. Her battery replacement went well and she has about another half an hour that she needs to spend in recovery then she'll be back home at Mom's. I'm sure she'll be sleepy, but at 96 she can take all the naps she wants (which she does, but often makes excuses about)!
Grace and I toured the hospital with Grammy. We saw many of Grammy's current co-workers in pre-admission/day surgery as well as former co-workers on medical/surgical floors. Grace had a lot of smiles and kisses, even though she was quite tired. We also made a stop up to the women's clinic and saw a nurse I worked a lot with the past few years. My doctor was also in, which was wonderful. They were thrilled (they had already heard the 'Grace'ful news though!). Also saw one of Grammy's nurse buddies from nursing training.
The three of us had lunch and then sat in Great Grandma's recovery room for a bit. Grace was so tired. I had hoped she would fall asleep in her stroller - I think if I had found a quiet room she would have. I decided to head home though and I put her in the van first. By the time I unloaded the diaper bag she was asleep. Didn't even have the key in the ignition yet! She didn't even open an eye when we got settled at home. She woke up a bit ago very refreshed!
Time to have some play time with the two kiddos! Turned into a nice day so perhaps some play time outside. We may head over to see Great Grandma after a bit too.
No comments:
Post a Comment