Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Happy Wednesday

Enjoy more pics below - they are from the LSS picnic and swimming yesterday. Carson was so taken with little Noah. To protect Noah we won't show pics of his face, but the pics of their fingers are so cute, so thought I'd share one.

Yesterday I asked Carson what we should do for fun. He immediately responded "Go swimming". I thought that sounded fun too. One minor detail. I couldn't find a pool. All of the area park and rec pools are closed for the season. The Y's pool is closed this week for maintenance. So, I tried some local hotels. The AmericInn sells passes - what a deal! So, off we went. The kids had a great time. Who am I kidding? I did too! The kiddie pool was so warm. It felt so good! Carson spent quite a bit of time with Grace and me, but ventured off to the big pool too.

Grace would not have anything to do with holding my hand or on to the wall. She was so daring. She dunked herself a few times, but still wanted to be on her own. Amazingly, she held her breath each time and the last time she caught herself with her legs. It's awesome to have two independent kids. Yes, some days I might need to come back and re-read that just to remind myself. However, that characteristic will serve each of them so well throughout their lives.

Carson was excited to sport his new Batman swimwear and Grace modeled the $2 bikini I found for her. Once again, (I know I'm not biased), but I think they are both adorable!

Today the kiddos went to Gooseberry Park with Daddy. They had a great time. Lots of running around and enjoying the beautiful day. There is such a great playground at the park.

This morning both kids got new earmolds - Carson's are orange (his latest favorite color) and Grace's are purple. They are both fun - will get pics of those up soon.

Not sure yet what tomorrow holds - perhaps a picnic or a trip to the Children's Museum? We'll see what the day brings.

We are staying home this weekend - perhaps we'll get to the zoo. We know we'll be doing a lot of outside time. As Trav reminded me today, fall is on its way. I love fall but am not crazy about the season that follows it. (Yes, we do live in Minnesota, so I know it comes with the territory!) I can't quite type that four letter "s" word quite yet (the one referring to the white cold stuff!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for all of you. I love reading your updates. It makes my day. You deserve to be so blessed. Life is good.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those pictures are so very special and joy-filled. Thank you so much for sharing them.