Our first picture of the three of us!

Telling Carson about how we met his little sister today!
Yesterday was phenomenal. Amazing. Like a dream. We traveled to St. Cloud with two great social workers from LSS (our agency). We met Grace's social worker ahead of time and visited for about a half an hour. From there we went to the foster parents home - Ron & Jane. We hugged and clung to each other - we've talked every day for several weeks now - we feel like family already! Soon they disappeared upstairs and within minutes reappeared with our precious daughter. Even though we've seen pictures, there was nothing like meeting her. Thankfully she wasn't too taken back by our tears of joy. We played for a bit with some books we brought as well as a couple other presents. Jane had lunch ready for us (how sweet!) and somehow we managed to eat a few bites with Grace by our sides. We played a bit more and then we were off to the PT and OT appts. Those were so helpful and will really help with the transition. After that, it was back to Ron & Jane's for a few more pics. It was so hard to leave yesterday. What made it easier was knowing we'd be bringing Carson back today! We'll leave in about an hour, so Carson should be meeting her by 10:30 this morning.
Today Grace has an appt with her primary doctor and then we have the rest of the day to play, visit, meet people who have been such a big part of Grace's life and more. We're staying in St. Cloud the next two nights at a hotel - Carson is excited about the pool too. As of now, the plan is for us to return home Thursday morning. Grace's social worker will come up on Friday and we'll sign all of the papers. Ron and Jane will bring Grace here on Friday and she'll spend her first night with us. We are planning a blessing/entrustment ceremony and that will be somewhere in that time frame - we're still working on details as to when, etc.
I have to run - need to get ready to go! Just wanted to share these pics and get some of these precious details down! More to come soon!






10 comments:
Awesome! I have my own tears of joy for you. Enjoy your week!!
WOO HOO!
LOVE to read this news!!
Jumping for JOY for you all!
What a beautiful and happy girl! I can't wait to see pictures of the 4 of you together. The 3 of you together looked SO happy. I'm very happy for you.
What a precious little girl. Your posts brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you all. God bless.
How exciting for all of you--she is a real dolly! I can't tell you how happy we are for you! She is truly another example of God's hand in our lives! We'll be watching for more pics...
WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW!!!! I can't say anything else! I am bawling my eyes out in joy for you all. I can't wait to spend time with you all!
Just came back from a camping weekend, thrilled to see pictures of you TOGETHER!!! Good luck trying to sleep these next few nights ;) I'm so excited for you, I can't begin to imagine how anxious you are to take your little girl home!
HUGE hugs from Dickinson to you....
Ange
So many emotions I've been feeling for you! Happiness doesn't even begin to describe it. Grace is such a lil' cutie pie. You are so very blessed. Looks like things are going amazing! Love you guys.
WOW! You don't know HOW excited I am for all of you! Each of you are receiving such an amazing gift from God!
Thank you for sharing this wonderful journey with us! Grace is so adorable and looks very happy! We can not wait to meet her!
Love- Chris and Hilary Horob
Post a Comment