Sunday, December 13, 2009

Overheard in church today

Today was the Sunday School Christmas program in church. Grammy and Great Grandma joined us.

We sit as close to the front as possible (in order to get the obvious best view and best spot for pictures). Other than special occasions for programs, Third Grade Bible presentations or the kids' baptisms, we don't sit up front.

Today reaffirmed that.

Grace was very chatty today. She enjoyed singing too. Fun little melodies that are cute (even if not at all in sync with the song actually playing).

She was very excited to spot brother out in the Sunday School crowd. And he was happy to see her and gave several waves to acknowledge her as well.

During prayers Grace looked over at Grammy and saw her eyes closed. Grace commented "Shhh...Grammy sleeping." I was holding her and it was all I could do to stifle my giggles. Soon she added another comment "Mommy sleeping too!". Fortunately, I kept it in.

During another rather quiet time she asked "Gracie see Mommy's panties?". Now there is a very logical explanation for this. Grace just hasn't figured out that church isn't the place we check out panties.

As you can imagine with a two year old, we're in the midst of potty training. We've talked LOTS about how big girls wear panties and little girls wear diapers. So one day she asked if I wore panties. I affirmed I did and she wanted to see them. I showed her a corner and she seemed a bit disappointed (perhaps since they aren't Elmo or Princess they were a bit too boring for her). I'm not sure. So every now and then we have the panty talk about how big girls wear panties.

And out of the blue Grace decided during a very quiet time in church that show-and-tell should happen again.

Thankfully, when I whispered she needed to wait until we got home she was content with my answer.

The program was great and Carson looked so big up there!

1 comment:

Aunt Diane said...

Oh, YES! Modesty goes out the window during potty training. One day, when I had Katie with me - she exclaimed, "YOU got PURPLE ones?" Now you know too; but you probably won't see them. :-)
Auntie Diane