Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Proud parents - way to go, Carson!

We are so proud of Carson. We always are, but we were extra-proud last night.

On Monday night Carson was very tired. Exhausted in fact. He is fighting a cold and we could see he was wiped out. He was in bed a little after 7:00 and sleeping before 7:20 p.m.

On Tuesday morning we worked very hard to wake him. Carson isn't a 'spring out of bed' kid. He needs time. By 7:30 a.m., he was still in bed. Bus arrives at 7:55 a.m. It wasn't looking good.

Trav decided he'd take him to school to buy him a few more minutes. We certainly wouldn't want to make a habit of this, but it would be the first time and he wasn't feeling well.

Trav talked to the bus company and explained Carson wouldn't be on the morning route, but he would be on the afternoon route home.

All was fine and Carson got to school on time.

After school, Carson reported to us that he did his typical routine. When he got outside, his bus was gone.

Apparently communication was misunderstood.

Carson said he was nervous for a little bit, but then went back inside and went up to his hard of hearing teacher's room and told her what happened. She now has a videophone in her room so he was able to call home (all on his own!) and let his respite care staff know what had happened. His teacher brought him home.

He told me all about it when I got home last night and then we replayed the scene for Trav when he got home.

We are so proud of Carson. He certainly had some quick troubleshooting to do and he did a great job 'thinking on his feet'! As his parents, we couldn't be more thrilled as these skills will serve him well throughout life! (I think back to third grade and I think I would have freaked out...I'm pretty certain I would have shed a few tears at the very least!).

Just had to brag and share this story. :D And once again, we are thankful for his awesome teacher. Well, we're thankful for all of his amazing teachers!

2 comments:

Sherryse said...

Carson, I can't believe how big you are getting. I am so proud of you!

Katie said...

I'm so proud. Carson certainly is the son of Rhonda and Travis! :o)