Sunday, January 23, 2011

Frosty Tundra

Life has been very cold in the frosty tundra this past week.  Even for 'natives' this weather is awful - we had air temps of -29 below one morning this past week and somewhere between -40 to -50 with windchill.  Not fit for man, woman, child or critter.  But yet, we add a few extra layers and we go to work and we go to school.  Seriously.  Something is wrong with us.  Why don't we live in a warmer climate?  I love the changing of the seasons, and could truly live with the snow.  What I don't like is cold. 

(Trav - when you read this, please note that once we retire we will not be hanging out 12 months/year in the tundra.  We will be spending some of the winter where we can get Vitamin D on a regular basis.)

We've found our groove for the spring semester.  Trav teaches late only on Monday nights - it is great to have us together six nights/week.  We are all loving it! 

We have spent a lot of evenings cuddled up, watching movies or eating popcorn (sometimes both).  A cozy blanket is always involved.  I know Trav and I can't think of a better way to spend an evening than snuggled up with our two kiddos.

No comments: