Today was brutally cold. Actual air temp was somewhere around zero and the wind was awful. I'm sure it was -90 with windchill today (right, Trav?). The weather folks proclaimed something like 30 below but their measurement system isn't quite as sensitive as mine. I'm pretty sure I'm closer. Plus, Carson asked if it was 100 below, which shows two the things: 1) it is very cold (colder than what the weather folks say) and 2) he is certainly my son.
Anyhoo...as soon as I picked up Grace we went home. Even when we got home my feet still felt like needles were sticking into them (but it wasn't acupuncture - just the cold...and I had decent shoes on!). Grace proclaimed "yucky" when we got in the house and gave me a big scowl.
I agree, Grace. And this shows she is most certainly my daughter.
So we had a silly night. We played. We ate cereal and drank juice for supper. We played some more. We told silly jokes. We worried about Daddy (okay, I did most of that - he's on the road on Monday nights teaching one hour away). Then Carson thought it would be a great idea to to teach Grace to play Wii.
We got everything set up downstairs. Grace was beyond excited. We picked bowling, as it is a great starter.
I helped Grace quite a bit for the kids' first game. By the second game she was getting the hang of it. She had a couple spares, along with a few gutter balls. It didn't matter. As long as she got the ball down the lane in some fashion, she was on top of the world. So stinkin' cute. And sometimes it took many tries for her, but she was persistent.
Carson was a helpful big brother. Sometimes a little too helpful as he wanted to finesse her game. He was pretty receptive to my comments to 'cool it'. I reminded him that his first games were just like this.
I'm sure we'll have many more rounds of Wii with the kiddos. It really is a fun activity on a cold winter 90 below night.
Oh, and Daddy made it safe and sound! Yeah!
No comments:
Post a Comment