Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Our little sick-o

Grace has been sick since Sunday.  She has a high fever.  With it comes the typical high-fever reactions (lethargic, not making a lot of sense when talking, wanting to cuddle, etc.).  It is so sad to see little ones sick with bugs. 

Trav took her to the doc yesterday (after seeing temps in the 104+ zone).  All looked great.  Including the urine sample she couldn't produce at the clinic so we had to run it in last night.  I love driving pee across town (across two towns in fact.  Actually from one state to another...are there laws or ordinances prohibiting that?!?).  I'll be so happy when our hospital/clinic opens up a brand new branch of their clinic just a few blocks from our home this spring!  We'll be a five minute drive away and I think they will have expanded hours too!  Yippee!  The kids' doctor won't be there, but our next fav doc will be (so we've heard). 

Anyhoo, urine culture looked great from last night.

This morning she threw up, so in we went again (since the doc told us if anything changed to bring her in again).  Still high fever.  Different doc wanted to check for strep.  Throat culture was negative.

So, all info is pointing towards this being a viral bug.  Oh how I strongly dislike that 'V' word!!! 

Meanwhile, we've built a fort of blankets, have snuggled extensively today, drank juice and eaten Popsicles.  Some rules are made to be broken when you are sick.

Here's praying Grace feels better very soon and that no one else in our house gets this crud!

1 comment:

Sherryse said...

Oh no! I hope Grace is feeling better soon!