I have several cute stories of the kids that I keep thinking of...want to share!
Last week when we went to Grace's court hearing I mentioned how she didn't take a nap and was awake until we were nearly home. During the last 10 minutes prior to slumber she started from the back seat "All done!", "All done!" and signing it as well. If you could hear her sing-songy way of saying it, the story would be even cuter. She was soooo ready to be all done in the car seat. And she let us know. Smart girl - it is important to express your feelings. How crazy that no one listens to you!?!
Grace has been extra smoochy lately. Last night at bedtime story time, she needed to kiss each page in a book with a kiss to me in between each page. She was so silly and she knew it! Unlike most kids, Grace gets lovey and kissy when she is tired. Not cranky (unless you are strapped into a car seat for way too long and even that was only unhappy for a couple of minutes). There is no hiding when she is tired - she rubs her eyes, plays a bit with her hair, gets kissy and occasionally blinks her eyes successively. It is so cute. Lately she has been kissy during the day too - spreading love all over! It's adorable and we can't get enough of it. She is such a sweetheart.
The countdown is officially on for our trip. Carson and I worked on a countdown calendar on Sunday. He also started packing on Sunday. Not making a list...actually packing. By today his backpack was heaping full, unable to be zipped shut. As he and I were in his room earlier, he mentioned he needed to pack his tooth fairy pillow "In case I have a loose tooth!". Ummmm....no. As he later tried to stuff some other treasure into his backpack, I asked him if he was planning to pack the entire house. He very earnestly answered "Yes". Crazy Mama. What was I thinking?!?
Carson also announced yesterday that he will not be going to school on Grace's birthday (March 6). Well, Grace's birthday in 2009 is on a Friday (I have a feeling I could have asked Carson and he would have told me, but I checked it out myself and sure enough). We are excusing his absences for the Make-A-Wish trip and subsequent doctor appointments...we're not going to start on birthdays. It does show just how sweet and loving he is. I know we'll plan something special for her birthday and it can occur in the evening!!!
Speaking of Carson's personality, his teacher mentioned what a nice boy he is. He certainly loves to learn and is really enjoying math this year too. We're not sure if there is anything he doesn't enjoy at school, which is wonderful.
Carson has a dentist appointment in Fergus Falls tomorrow (best pediatric dentist around and he has a lot of experience with immune-suppressed kids, so worth the drive) and labs tomorrow night. Quite day for Grace! :-) Here's to another fall day!
No comments:
Post a Comment