Tuesday, October 28, 2008

We're still here!

A week...how can it be a week since I blogged? Well, I've been reminded by several that it has been a week. :-) It has been a busy, but wonderful week. I'll try to summarize:
  • I went to Rochester, MN early Wednesday morning with three co-workers for a conference.
  • Co-workers blabbed of my birthday at the Cracker Barrel. I highly recommend their brownie dessert.
  • One of our commencement vendors took us out to supper on Wednesday. He surprised our table with champagne when he found out it was my birthday. I had fresh walleye and it was delicious. A fun evening filled with laughter. Only thing better would have been if my family would have been there. I missed them all a lot.
  • Great conference - good sessions.
  • Got home late Friday evening - I 'accidentally' woke Grace up to snuggle with her a bit. Then I snuggled with Carson. I sure missed my family!
  • The kiddos and I hung out on Saturday - Travis was painting the family/playroom and bathroom in the basement. Looks great!
  • Had lunch with a college friend, her kids and her mom. Fun visit!
  • Sunday morning brought wind and snow. Yes, snow. How many days until Orlando?!?
  • Papa Chip and his friend Loni stop by on their way home from their Iowa/Minnesota trip. Loni gets to meet Grace. We have a fun visit.
  • We had lunch with a special family. Their adorable daughter has biliary atresia - the liver disease Carson had. Paityn is so sweet. We hope it is a long, long time before this family travels down the road for a liver transplant. Please keep them in your prayers!
  • Back home. More snuggles. Daddy puts in ceramic tile in the bathroom. The three of us make frequent trips to 'oooh' and 'aaah' over Daddy's work. I'm not just saying that...Travis is amazing with tile! (He's talented with many things!!!)
  • Carson decides it is too windy and cold to go to the NDSU Bison Athletics Halloween party. It must be yucky outside if this is coming from Carson. We stay home.
  • Back to work for me yesterday. We have a 'Meet Grace' event at NDSU late yesterday. Rather than gifts, we requested that people bring flannel fabric to be made into a quilt for Grace. This will be such a special and adorable quilt! Very fun and everyone adored Grace as she flirted her way around the room.
  • Trav and I tackled some major house cleaning. All of the focus on the basement has left for fun on the other two floors. We feel much better heading to bed with a clean house and floors.
  • Back to teaching for Travis today. Grace and I had a fairly quiet day. Our agency social worker stopped by - always fun to visit!
  • The morning was also filled with more 'where's your nose, ears, eyes, mouth and tummy'. Grace officially thinks that I'm nuts not to know my body parts and thinks it is quite crazy that I keep asking her where they are.
  • We played a lot with dolls today. At one point Grace put the baby bottle in her little purse, put the purse in the crook of her elbow and off she went pushing baby in her little stroller. She waved 'bye bye' and I asked if she was off to run errands. She didn't answer, but I asked if she would pick up more milk and bananas. She just smiled at me. Apparently she has other errands and the grocery store isn't part of her plans.
  • Carson had Cub Scouts tonight. He is a cute Wolf (okay, handsome). Pinewood Derby races in just a few weeks! Need to get working on that car!!!

Okay, time for bed. I'm wiped out. Finding my eyes, mouth, ears and tummy is hard work. Pictures will be coming soon - I promise! Trying to get caught up on a few things around the house first!

No comments: