Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Like Brother, Like Sister

Yesterday Grace and I shopped. A lot. She was such a trooper. In and out of the van multiple times. Old Navy was a bit boring for her but she loved the rest of the stores. It was sunny and cold out. Of course, winter gear was in full force.

Apparently Carson has somehow already taught Grace the game of taking off your mittens. She knows it well already. She's also learned the best time to do this is when you are hustling through a parking lot to try to avoid the cold. And the absolute best part of the game is dropping the mittens at mid-point in the parking lot. At two different spots. That is what makes this game a sport.

I couldn't believe it. Her behavior was EXACTLY like Carson's when he was little. Didn't matter how cold it was, he would NOT wear mittens. If we got them on him, he would throw them off at the 'greatest' times.

So, in the midst of our shopping yesterday we found and bought another item: mitten clips.

See, Mommy can play the game too.

In the end Carson did out-smart the mitten clips too. He would not wear mittens until I found ones his size that had the individual fingers with the mitten cover over it (are those called 'glittens' or 'mloves"?!?). We figured out he wanted to sign and couldn't do it with mittens. Perhaps Miss Grace is on the same track.

Anyway, hopefully she doesn't out-smart the mitten clips this winter season.

3 comments:

Sherryse said...

LOL . . . Rhonda, your blogs crack me up. :-)

Angie said...

Leave it to Carson...kinda like trying to sign to you while you're driving, huh? ;)

Unknown said...

I totally remember the glove game, only I thought that he only did it to me......Oh Carson! Angie, I totally agree with the signing while driving too-not the most oppurtune time to sign, but he had lots to say in the car. I love how the blog brings me back to my favorite days with my Mr. Carson, it makes me not miss you guys so much! Danie