Friday, December 26, 2008

Merry Christmas to all!

We had a wonderful Christmas. It was low-key and this year, that was just perfect. The only thing we wish we could have changed was how Carson felt. On Christmas Eve he fell asleep late afternoon and slept through supper (he didn't have any appetite, so we let him sleep - he needed the rest!). He woke when we were part-way through opening presents. We had kept his off to the side. He was a bit out of it, but did muster the energy to open his gifts.

Grace had a wonderful time. She loved presents. At first, she wasn't sure what to do After all, these pretty things have been under the tree with bows, ribbons and fun paper and Daddy and I keep saying 'no, no'. Now all of a sudden it is okay?!? What is a girl to do? She quickly got the hang of it. ;-) Smart girl!

She has been very busy in her kitchen since Wednesday evening. Santa brought pots, pans and some potholders. She wasn't too crazy about her apron from Grammy until she saw me sporting an apron yesterday morning. Then it was fine. Silly girl!

Carson really turned the corner yesterday. He felt much better. He will still need to be a home-body for a few more days, but he looks and sounds so much better than even Wednesday.

We did have family over yesterday for a late afternoon meal. Very yummy!

We closed out Christmas Day with playing some games and snuggling in our Santa pj's. I need to get a pic with the four of us sporting them.

Today was L - A - Z - Y! Happy Boxing Day to us! It was wonderful. I'll be honest - I did shower but I put pj's on again afterwards. I love days like this! We finished cleaning up the kitchen and played with the kids. Both kiddos fell asleep about an hour ago, so they were tuckered out.

More low-key days in store...I'm off from work until January 2. Carson starts school again that day to make up for the snow day. We're going to enjoy being snuggled up together!

Hope your holiday was merry, bright and filled with love!

No comments: