The journey of our family of four. We'll share a lot of things, but most of all, this blog is about celebrating life!
Monday, December 15, 2008
Oh the weather outside is frightful!
The temp is currently -16 degrees Fahrenheit. That's not calculating in windchill. Tonight it is anticipated we could get down to -27 (a record low, imagine that!). As I hustled in and out of the cold today I couldn't help but think about my ancestors that lived on the plains. How did they manage in their little sod or shanty houses? As one person reminded me today "We live here because we love winter". I'm not so sure I would agree. I don't mind mild winters. They are do-able. But this cold is awful. I think it is a matter of we live here because opportunities have brought us here. We love our community. We enjoy our work places, have great co-workers, an amazing neighborhood, and more. But this cold is enough to make one think about warmer weather. Just a little over a month ago I had a bit too much sun in Orlando and was licking a Popsicle with Grace. Hmmm...
Labels:
outdoors
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You can come and visit us in Arizona. Mind you it will get cold here tonight...50 degrees and high tomorrow is going to be 65 BBBRRR. Yeah I know rub it in. Just remember we never get snow days. Those I miss. Shoveling out from snow days I don't.
The Berge Family in Tucson
Don't you just love the dreadful cold that winter brings. . . it's nice and COLD here too :(. Ryan and I are going to cubs in January and can't wait until I can go outside and not have to put 10 layers on just to stay warm enough.
Loved the Disneyworld pictures, it looks like you had a wonderful time and the kids look great:)
Sending hugs and warmth your way during this holiday season!!!
Take Care,
Post a Comment