Monday, August 2, 2010

Carson's favorite pin

Today was a productive day in pin trading...I think we have nine team pins left to get.  Pretty impressive.  There are 42 teams total, plus many companies, groups, etc. have pins.  We each got a pin for completing the 5K too.  Pins are plentiful at the Games! 

If you ask Carson about his favorite pin, he'll name off about 5-10 pins.  There are many that are very impressive. 

But if you ask him to name his very favorite pin, he keeps coming back to one pin.  And only one pin.

The Team Texas pin. 

Very cool looking (and not 'ordinary' as Carson would say).



Do you think it is a coincidence that Carson's donor was from Texas?  And that's where his donor family is today.  And Carson has no idea they are from Texas.

Yeah, pretty incredible.  I get goose bumps every time I look at that pin and think of Carson's precious little donor.

God bless his donor and his incredible donor family.  Because of their amazing decision, Carson is alive today and competing at his second U.S. Transplant Games.

They are anything but ordinary.  They are extraordinary.

And we are forever grateful.

1 comment:

Sherryse said...

When I was a little girl, my basketball team won the state championship and we qualified for the national tournament in New Orleans. So, all of us 12 year old girls hopped on a plane with our parents and flew to Lousianna.

At these kinds of tournaments, they also have LOTS of pin trading. With 50 teams present (one for each state), you end up with 50 pins! What is kind of funny is that I remember very clearly that my favorite pin was Texas. :-) It must have been anything but ordinary.