Carson had his roughest day today. He woke up in pain and had a tough time off and on through the day - thankfully Trav was home all day today. He had more narcotics today than he had had Sunday and Monday combined. Oh well - as long as he stays comfy. We hope he turns the corner soon.
Both kids got fitted for their new earmolds today. It is hard to believe how quickly the inside of your ear grows! That is why kids don't have in-the-ear hearing aids - way too much growth!!! Grace is needing molds every 8 week or so - Carson needs them about every 12 weeks. As with other departments, ear growth slows down with age and tapers off by young adulthood.
We've had cool temps-quite cool for nearly mid-June. I've decided I will not bring out long sleeves again. I was disgusted enough when I had to turn the furnace on when we arrived home on Sunday night - the house was 62 degrees!
In potentially hopeful news - we might be getting 'Deaf Child' signage in our neighborhood. A few years ago (when we were in our second house) I talked to someone in the City of Moorhead's sign placement department. The guy was, well, not very helpful or friendly and insinuated that if there was a sign up that would give us a false sense of security. Of course! I certainly wouldn't need to watch my child if there was a sign up down the street. Makes perfect sense...(yes, this is dripping with sarcasm). What really ticked us off was that there are such signs in Moorhead - they just don't place them anymore. Whatever. We had shared our 'fun' with our dear neighbor, Tim, a while back. Today, Tim drove by a sign in another neighborhood. Tim is a contractor - and does great work, as you can see by our basement. Tim knows a lot of subcontractors. One of the people he knows well is an electrician. This electrician just happens to be the mayor of our city. Tim called him and explained the situation when he had the memory jog of our conversation after seeing the sign today. No promises, but the major has our address and is going to check on it. :) YEAH!!!!! All we're looking to do is create an awareness and hopefully people would watch out just a little bit more. We know most of our neighbors, but not all. This would be great for both kids. Oh, and of course Trav and I could let them run wild in the street now. Extra bonus for that....
Carson is supposed to start horse tomorrow evening - we'll see how his day goes.
3 comments:
Just had to let you know that your sarcasm has me giggling!
What a great neighbor you guys have! It is ridiculous that it seems you may have to "know someone" just to see something as simple as a sign placed! Best of luck.
Sorry to hear that Carson had a bad day. I hope you are feeling better soon Carson. I want to see those giggles that I saw in the hospital next time I come to see you!
Good news about the sign too! That story always infuriated me. I hope that people are able to get their heads on straight. Because seriously, parents who would be willing to let their kids run crazy in the street probably wouldn't be requesting a sign to begin with, right? Ugh.
Miss you guys already!
Come on! Your kids ALWAYS run wild...just admit it. :) :)
Post a Comment