Today is Carson's last day of second grade. Where has the year gone? Despite all of the sick days and illnesses he's had this year, he learned and matured a lot. He has been a big brother for his entire year of second grade. Wow. It doesn't seem like that long ago that Grace and I were meeting him at school in the stroller and then walking home. That was in September - when I was still home on leave.
We'll be taking pics this morning. I have a big thing about that. In general, our society tends to celebrate firsts, which is a great thing. It's wonderful to have pics of 'firsts'. But if you know that something is going to be the 'last', I feel so strongly about capturing those moments too. I wish that we knew when some things were going to be the last - sometimes we don't. I'd love to capture many more 'lasts' to try to remember Carson and Grace's childhoods even more. Perhaps I've journaled about this before, but it is just a big thing for me.
Now, let's just hope Carson doesn't want me to capture the mood of his tonsils tomorrow and take 'last' pics of them!
We'll be on the road by about 4:30 today. Pray for a smooth recovery!
3 comments:
You bet i'll be prayin! Drive safe and I am looking forward to seeing you all despite the tonsil-crazy circumstances. See you soon!
Hugs, Kisses, and Nuzzles from Grammy !
The "lasts" are big for me, too. We took pictures of David on the "next to last day" -- just in case he was sad on the last day; therefore grouchy. He wasn't though. He loves school so much.
Post a Comment