Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ride 'em, Gracie!

Grace was quite the cowgirl this evening. While she was a bit nervous to get on the horse, once on Pogo (her horse's name), she was all smiles. She was amazing and was waving, signing horse and listening to the therapists so well. I took lots of video and pics (Daddy was one of the side-walkers with Grace). She was so proud of herself, as she should be. When she got off the horse, she was a bit wide-eyed that she was really and truly on a horse. Can't wait to bring her back next week!

Carson was too tired out to to with, so he stayed home. He had wanted to go, but still doesn't have a lot of energy. Each day he is eating a bit more and we need to remind ourselves that he is only a week post-surgery tomorrow. Hopefully we see a significant turn for the better this weekend.

Beautiful day today - perfect day in fact! Grace spent hours outside and Carson got some fresh air too.

Once I'm done with my class on Monday I'm hoping to spend a few days on pics. They are very unwieldy right now. Then my goal is to produce at least 10 pages of work/week for the rest of the summer (with the exception of orientation days/weeks - those zap everything out of me!). That's 2 pages a day, Monday - Friday. I'll be well on my way to presenting my proposal to my advisor and committee this fall. Then I can get started on actual research. Then the REAL writing begins! Baby steps...baby steps...baby steps.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Think about you guys. Great to hear Carson is doing well post surgery. HUGS!