The week is flying by and there just isn't enough time in the day! Lots of errands here and there and trying to get everything set here at home too.
Carson had horse therapy last night - his first time on this season. He is in the independent riding group and does such a great job! Grace should be today - it's going to be so hot today, so hopefully she and the horse will be okay to go.
Carson had labs last night - we're hoping to push labs to every 6 weeks (currently at every 4). Carson has been going through a bit of 'wanting to be like everyone else' (my words, not his). He doesn't like to wear his MedicAlert bracelet (we're going to let him pick one out and then see if that helps - he needs an updated one anyway), he has to have a shirt on all of the time - even swimming, every now and then he says he doesn't need to take his medication or wear his hearing aids and now last night he announced he didn't want blood work ever again. Of course, he was fine once he got there. We know this is all very typical, but it is still hard. He is very in-tune to the fact that most other kids his age don't have hearing aids and MedicAlert bracelets. I have pointed out kids with glasses but he thinks glasses are kinda cool (let's pray you don't need them, Carson, and given the fact that both Trav and I and all grandparents except Papa Chip have corrective vision, the odds are not in your favor - hopefully you take after Papa Chip in this department!!!).
While at labs Trav had a doc check his ear as he's been complaining about one of them for a day or two. Sure enough - he has an ear infection. With all of the humidity we've had, it's not a surprise. The joy of hearing aids. He never had an ear infection prior to hearing aids, but has had more than his fare share since.
Angie and Celessa arrived last night and will be at orientation today - which will be a lot of fun (at least I hope!). :-) Grace had a great time showing off many tricks and was so silly. Grace peed in the potty yesterday, so that was very exciting!!!
Tonight I'm leaving orientation a bit early to go to Morgan's prayer service. This family has been so heavy on my mind - please continue to lift them up in your prayers.
Then more packing! Angie and Celessa are staying tonight too and then Celessa checks in tomorrow for a leadership institute for the weekend. We're happy Ang will stay here through Sunday - we've put her on kitty and fish duty. :-) We've got someone coming in after that to take care of the critters the rest of the week.
Well, need to run!
2 comments:
I am sorry to hear that Carson is having a hard time . . . I'll put up some prayers for him.
I will pray for this issue too. I know it is not the same, but maybe one approach is that NOBODY is just like everyone else. We are all different. Sometimes we don't like our differences (I certainly don't like my painful feet. or my bad teeth.) We all need blood work now and then (or at least we should.) The list goes on. Yeah, glasses could very likely be in his future. We all think they are "cool" until we've had them for awhile. There should be a book somewhere that helps with this issue. Someday -- Carson will be one who can help someone else over this hurdle. I'm rambling - but praying. Love & prayers - Auntie Diane
Post a Comment