June is certainly flying by. Trav has already given his first exam in his class - that's always a sign to me about the tempo of where the summer is. We're in the midst of ramping up for freshmen orientation next week at work (transfer student day is tomorrow). Orientation is fun, but they are tiring days.
I am very excited that Angie and Celessa are coming out on Wednesday for Celessa's session on Thursday. I'm so happy that you'll be a Bison, Celessa! And Angie, it is still not possible for us to be the same age and you to have a kid who has graduated from HS! I was thinking of it last night and you are prepping your daughter for college and I'm bribing mine to pee in the potty. I feel like an old mommy. I bet it just seems like yesterday that you were potty training Celessa (sorry, Celessa)! Anyway - how fast they grow up!
Speaking of potty training - Grace has made several puddles around the kitchen and dining room. She loves to sit on the potty, but can't quite take it to the next step. She did have a few drops in the toilet last night when we sat her on the potty after her bath. She instantly asked for an M&M. Of course, she got one! She has been following me in to the bathroom and thinks it is very fun when I go pee (and then she reminds me that I need an M&M). Okay, Grace, twist my arm to eat an M&M. She does give me a 'look' when she doesn't get one too and responds typically with 'mine?'. We're not pushing her too hard. It if happens, it happens. We're also going on a long trip - leaving a week from Saturday - to see Trav's family in Manitoba. Driving and potty training are typically not great combos, so if this doesn't all 'click' before we go, we'll start again when we return.
Carson's horse therapy session was cancelled again for last night - it is so wet out there (we've had over an inch of rain in the last couple of days). We hope Grace's is on for tonight - will see! Carson is, for the post part, doing well. He still gets tired out, but is very happy for it to be summer. He's having a great time with neighbor kids and is having a ball with a new neighbor girl. She is 10 years old and very interested in learning sign language. She's a great kid, so we're very excited about their friendship.
I brought supper over last night to Danie and Jamie. It was a great excuse to hold Eve for a long time - she just snuggled right in! You three are the cutest family and have such a sweetheart! So happy for you three!
I will be getting feedback today on my draft. I'm a bit nervous, but looking forward to the feedback.
We are very excited about our trip in a little over a week - we're heading to Swan River, Manitoba - Trav's hometown! Carson is so excited to see his four cousins (but still thinks all five of his cousins should be there - baby Jack should make the trip up to meet the other cousins). It is going to be fun to watch the kids play. We are leaving on Saturday morning and will be home by the evening of July 3. Not sure if we'll be splitting the trip into 2 days of driving or not (each direction) - will possibly have to wait and see how Grace does. We thought about middle-of-the-night driving, but then we'd arrive very tired and that isn't the way to start out a vaca! Given the week of orientation next week, I'll start packing this weekend. I know the van will be packed! Hopefully it is nice weather and we can spend a lot of time outside - kids burn off energy so much better outside! ;-)
Well, both of our little miracles are still sleeping and it is time for me to get ready for the day - can't believe it is June 18!
1 comment:
Enjoy you're time on this side of border. Since you're already here why not stop in Sskatoon (only another 6 hour or so, no biggie) Just kidding . . .none the less,have a great trip :)!!!!
Post a Comment