Friday, June 26, 2009

It is just night right

It is just night right for parents to plan the funeral of their child. It is not how it is supposed to 'work'. I struggle so hard with the 'whys' behind all of it and I know 'the plan' isn't for us to always understand why things are the way they are. That is where faith comes in.

But it doesn't make it 'easy' or 'fine' by any means.

Morgan's family service was absolutely beautiful. Quite a few people shared stories of the spunky and sassy girl that brought so much joy into their lives and this world. The Forum (our local newspaper) ran this story today. One of her teachers wrote a beautiful song for her. It was amazing.

Whenever a kid dies, particularly after a struggle with medical illness, my worst fears are brought to the top again. We came so close to losing Carson so many times. Things were very grim when his kidneys failed and he was on dialysis. We didn't know if we'd see him alive after we said goodbye to him outside the surgery doors when he went in for his liver transplant (and were much later told by the transplant surgeon that he didn't expect Carson to survive the surgery, but they certainly wanted to take the chance!). He was such a medical mess, barely holding on. I so often think that 'it could have so easily been us' when a child dies. After we got home from the months were were gone for Carson's transplant, Trav and I confessed to each other that we had each planned Carson's funeral in our minds. We knew he was so close. I can't imagine the pain, loss and emptiness of burying a child. And I don't ever want to.

God Bless you, Morgan. You are singing, dancing and playing with the Angels. May Jesus wrap His loving arms around your Mom, Dad and Brother. May the many special memories you have all created give them comfort and peace.

No comments: