Monday, June 8, 2009

Getting our groove on!

We arrived safely home last night - just about supper time. Thanks to Papa Ron and Nana Jane we weren't hungry!

We got out of the Cities by late morning - we were going to visit liver buddy Paityn again, but she was sleeping, so we left some notes for her. We want everyone to continue to keep her in your prayers as they wait for the perfect liver for her.

We had a few stops along the way - Trader Joe's and the Outlet Mall at Albertville. Carson was a trooper. He came in to Trader Joe's and the change of scenery was good for him. I found great back-to-school stuff for the kids at the Outlet (as the boys waited in the van). Carson fell asleep before St. Cloud and was a little groggy when we got to Nana and Papa's house. We were all so excited to see Grace! She was skipping and hopping with excitement too. She proudly gave Carson a 'get well' present. It was so cute to watch both of them in the exchange. Grace kept us all entertained and we know she had a wonderful time (and we know we didn't have to twist Nana and Papa's arms for her to stay!). She had such affection for the sweet baby boy in their home too and showered him with kisses. After a yummy meal, we were soon on our way home with both kids singing in the back seat. Ahhh....music to our ears.

Carson fell back asleep before too long. Grace had a great nap earlier in the day, so she was full of energy. She got a bit antsy about 100 miles out from Moorhead. So, Mommy got a bit silly, while Daddy drove. That kept Grace entertained for a bit. If you want to see what silly is like in the car, you'll just have to join us sometime!

We were all very happy to be home. Carson looked relieved more than anything. Grace skipped around the house. Trav and I tried to divide and conquer in putting stuff away and getting kids fed and to bed.

I had planned to take a vacation day today - I'm very thankful I did! My intentions were to work on my lit review. Instead I cleaned through the kids' closets, washed clothes and organized their closets and dresser drawers. I'm quite confident our children will never have the need to leave the house naked for lack of clothing!

I did get a lot done today in cleaning an organizing other places too. I also read quite a few articles for my lit review (even though I didn't get any more written today). My next draft is due a week from today - plenty of time to write about 20 more pages!

This afternoon we opened Grace's savings account at our bank - it is the official start of her college fund! She got a piggy bank and she loved it. The woman who assisted us in opening her account was also the woman who notarized all of our adoption paperwork just a little over a year ago. Now look where we are! :-)

I also visited with my Grandma tonight - my mom is out of town for a few days, so I went to visit. Grandma will be 97 at the end of June and she just keeps getting cuter! We had a good visit and she shared a few new stories too!

Carson was supposed to start golf and baseball today. Baseball was cancelled due to weather. I signed him in for golf this morning so he wasn't listed as a 'no show'. He'll be back in action by next week's sessions, I'm sure. Horse therapy starts for both kids this week - Carson on Wednesday and Grace on Thursday. We can't wait to see Grace's reaction. Carson is independent riding once again - he is a good horseman!

Trav started teaching his summer class today - it is in Detroit Lakes, MN, so a fairly quick trip. The class is only Monday and Wednesday mornings until the end of July.

Carson's recovery is remarkable. He is only on T3 at bedtime - the rest of the time he's using regular Tylenol. He had a great night of sleep last night - 10+ hours. He stayed in his pj's all day today and I think that helped with resisting the temptation to go outside when it got nice out this afternoon.

Need to get a few more things done before bed - thanks for all of the recovery prayers for Carson - they are working!

No comments: