Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our little dream come true

One year ago today was the start of our dream coming true to add to our family.


On June 17, 2008 I got a call in the evening from our social worker about a special, sweet little girl. I talked about this before in a previous post: http://kitchchronicles.blogspot.com/2008/08/faith-of-child.htmll It feels like it was only yesterday.


We can't believe that we have known about Grace for an entire year. It was a bit before we knew that she'd be joining our family though. We know all of the dates though and we'll treasure each one. Soon we'll be celebrating our forever family day - August 8!


I told Grace the story of June 17 last night as well as tonight. When I told her tonight that she is a dream come true (as I barely held in the tears), she looked up at me (we were rocking in the rocking chair that my mom rocked me in as a baby), and said right on cue: "I love you!". When I told her again that she was a dream come true, she said "Yes!". So precious.


Grace - you are such an amazing little girl. You are an adorable little sister and the sweetest daughter. We love you to the moon and back, Gracie, and can't imagine not having you not in our lives. Don't grow up too fast, sweetheart. And always remember how much Daddy and Mommy love you.


I'll update more tomorrow about potty, M&M's and tonsil-boy. Ever since I submitted my paper late Monday night I've been staying a bit more away from the computer. ;-) Sorry you didn't have an update for you to read this morning, Sherryse!!!

3 comments:

Ruthie said...

I think there are 2 dreams come true at the Kitch house, and one in Waukee, Iowa !

Aunt Diane said...

That is OH, SO SPECIAL!! Love and Prayers, Aunt Diane

Sherryse said...

Ha! Well it worked out since I was baby sitting my niece for the day and didn't have access to a computer. So actually, I was pleasant surprised to have two things to read this morning!!!