Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 random facts about me (Rhonda)

This was a fun thing - I got tagged on Facebook for this and wanted to share it here too. I'm going to try to get Trav to make his list and see if we can have Carson come up with his own too. Perhaps we'll all work on a Grace version as well. Stay tuned this weekend!
  1. I've always been a Midwest girl - born in North Dakota, graduated from high school in Montana and now live in Minnesota.
  2. I support these non-profits: our church, Ronald McDonald House, LifeSource, the American Liver Foundation, Make-A-Wish and United Blood Services.
  3. I LOVE to scrapbook - especially making gifts for others!
  4. Sick kids (not cold/flu sick) - kids that are sick with liver disease, cancer or anything else make me sad (and angry).
  5. Monthly lab draws for Carson also make sad - he does great and hasn't cried for years, but it brings me back to the reality that yes, he's had a liver transplant (no, not that I forget...it's just one of those things).
  6. HUGE pet peeve - kids not properly buckled up in car seats. Don't get me started.
  7. Favorite saying: "Sometimes God calms the storm and sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child" by Jan Holter.
  8. I've known my best friend since we were three weeks old. Our baby showers were together. :-) I'm so thankful for her and all of the other wonderful friends I have!
  9. If I didn't work in higher education I'd love to be a professional organizer. Seriously.
  10. I have a quilt my paternal Great Grandmother and maternal Great Grandmothers made. They never met. It is such a treasure to me...and I'll pass it along to Grace.
  11. I miss hills. Living in a valley is very unique.
  12. There is nothing like the smell of fresh spring rain and the first sign of crocuses.
  13. I get frustrated by the lack of awareness in our society about important issues, including organ donation.
  14. Trav and I have been married nearly 15 years! I still love him to pieces and can't imagine sharing all of the ups and downs with anyone else.
  15. I'm in awe both of our kids are in our lives because of the gifts of love others made - through organ donation and adoption!
  16. I'm 'just' a dissertation short of a Ph.D. - I need to get moving on my research!!!
  17. I used to own horses and cattle. I used to barrel race with one of my horses. I loved it!
  18. I loved growing up on a farm - my brothers and I learned a lot and made some great memories.
  19. My original "plan" was to be an elementary teacher. I think I would have enjoyed teaching, but I'm so happy with what I do now I can't imagine doing something else.
  20. I'm a 'match' if Carson ever needed a second liver transplant - not likely, but I'm relieved to know that I'm 'Plan B'.
  21. Watching 'The Daily Show' is a part of my nighttime ritual.
  22. I love my label maker. And I love that Carson loves the label maker. (And I know Grace will too!!!) The organization continues!!!
  23. I have scoliosis - I should have had a brace when I was younger, but the ortho doc thought I would grow taller. I didn't.
  24. My two younger brothers tolerated a lot - dressing up as 'ladies' , playing Barbies, you name it. Now they are both at least a foot taller than I am.
  25. We've met people through liver, cardiac, hard of hearing and adoption connections that are good friends. Although I wish we could have been 'normal' I wouldn't trade our circumstances for anything. (And what is 'normal' anyway?!?)

No comments: