Thursday, January 1, 2009

How we closed out 2008

Yesterday morning dawned and Travis and Carson were sick. Again. Both complained of very sore throats. I had a slightly sore throat. Grace was very happy. Apparently we hadn't infected her yet?

Carson was running a low-grade temp, so off to the ER we all went. Tried to get in to our clinic, but our two main docs were gone this week and the clinic closed early yesterday. Fabulous. I know we made several nurses days yesterday to process paperwork on all four of us. But if one of us had something bacterial, we likely all did and we were not letting wildfire occur. Thankfully, Carson's very first doctor was in the ER. We go back with Dr. Burns to the day Carson was born. Fast forward to when Carson was four weeks old and we were trying to figure out what was going on with his liver. Dr. Burns was the one who consulted with and sent us to the Cites. When he left family practice for the ER, we were sad. His is often 'on' when we're at the ER, so that's been very positive!

So, we hunkered down for the next few hours. Delightfully, what we have is viral. The boys are by far the worst. After a nap yesterday and another today, I'm feeling pretty good. Grace is great. We haven't yet decided if Carson will go to school tomorrow (snow day make-up). We'll see how he is in the morning. Poor guy - he has been sick every day of his break.

So, that was our excitement yesterday. Don't even ask if we made it to midnight. I suppose when we went to bed it was midnight somewhere!

Trav wanted to go back today to the ER 'just for fun'. I think he was delirious. Perhaps too much cough medicine with codeine, honey? ;-) We did manage to get all of our Christmas decorations put away today. We also said 'good-bye' to Papa Chip, as he went home today too. It was a special 10 days!

Our only adventure today was Carson got his goldfish for his new fish tank. He is quite excited (Grace loves the fish too). The irony feels like a Visa commercial:

Fish tank :$45
Fish tank goodies: $30
Six goldfish at 18 cents a piece: priceless

I'm back to work tomorrow. I have a hunch it will be a low-key day and weekend at the Kitch house!

2 comments:

Angie said...

Hi Toot,
Just read the email update from your Mom and wanted to let all of you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for all of you. I know how Miss Grace misses her big brother when he isn't home, and hope Trav is feeling better, too. Carson, we're sending you big hugs and prayers that your pneumonia is GONE soon, and that your Mommy can rest up and stay well, too.
Love to all of you! ~Ange

Anonymous said...

So much for your low-key week-end, with your helping Ruth on Saturday, and now Carson, too. Lots of people praying for both of them.