Both of our children have decided to boycott naps today. Carson is once again 'too busy' and Grace just didn't want one (this is the girl who loves sleep). Perhaps she misses brother? So, Daddy and Grace will be here very soon for their visit for the day.
Great news - Daddy's chest x-ray was clear and his labwork came back perfect. He is tired, and is voice sounds awful, but he continues to maintain that he sounds worse than he feels. Hopefully a few nights of good rest will turn it around for him.
Carson is looking a bit perkier this afternoon (thus no need for a nap in his eyes). When I told him that I was tired and thought we should both nap he told me that I could nap and he would watch me. :-)
We did have some big tears this afternoon...Carson really misses Daddy and Grace. It was a tough stretch. A phone call to Daddy and Grace helped.
We had a visit from Carson's interpreter - Amy. She brought homework, which was good. More to keep him 'busy'. We played a few rounds of Yahtzee (Charlie Brown Christmas edition - it is adorable!) that was a gift from Papa Ron and Nana Jane. Carson is a whiz! Me, well not so much.
Carson had a delivery - balloons and a 'get better soon' kit from Nana, Papa, Uncle Derwin, Auntie Dana, Uncle Ian, Auntie Rhonda and cousins Brody, Hannah, Kirsi, and Aidan. It brought a very big smile to a very sick little boy.
I'll do another update once 'Mr. Busy' is off to bed.
2 comments:
I'm wishing Mr. Carson a speedy recovery.....Nancy :-)
Post a Comment