January typically drags on for me each year. I'm sure it does for many people. The post-Christmas slow down, cold temps, etc. It just gets to be a long month. Well, not this year! With Carson's hospital 'vaca', the start of classes and a whole lot of hustle and bustle, this January has been anything but slow.
Carson got sent home from school on Thursday morning. He had thrown up at snack time. That was his only 'barf", thankfully. Carson's sign for vomit is a hoot. Here's a link to how it is done by most: http://www.commtechlab.msu.edu/sites/aslweb/browser.htm. Carson's style has a more volcanic start in the stomach and works its way up until the eruption out of the mouth. Even if you don't know sign language, I guarantee you'd know what Carson was talking about! So, with no more vomit, we were all happy. Except for Carson's other half of the GI system. He is so affected by antibiotics and despite our efforts with live culture soy yogurt and other pro-biotic measures at the start of the antibiotics, he still had issues. He hadn't wanted to tell us (who wants to talk about poop, anyway?). It's not been 'great' the last few weeks, but it sounds like it got bad on Wednesday. By Thursday, it was quite bad. So, he was home most of Thursday and all day yesterday. Very, very thankfully, it seems to be getting better (we know this by hearing a cheer from the bathroom). Oh, the things we celebrate in our house!!!
Grace thought it was absolutely fantastic that brother was home from school. Carson didn't have much energy, so he would just watch Grace play. He remarked on Thursday night that watching Grace made him tired. :-)
As you can tell by my lack of bog posts during the week, it's busy here! I'm still working on the adjustment of being back to work full-time. Travis is teaching Monday - Thursday in the afternoon through the evening hours. Spring semester is always a challenge that way. But, on the flip side, he's able to get Carson ready for school each morning, see him off on the bus and spend all morning and into the early afternoon with Grace. It really does work out well and we treasure Friday, Saturday and Sunday together each week.
What a week it was though (GI issues aside). Regardless of your political affiliation, it was a historic week. We were glued to Inauguration coverage. It was so powerful to see so many people gathered for this occasion. I found some pics that are some of my favs. There are many, many more that I'd love to share, but here's two.

What an amazing and special day!
Please keep Uncle Corey in your thoughts and prayers - he had an MRI done on his back on Thursday - he's in a lot of pain. We're hoping for answers soon.
More to come later this weekend!
2 comments:
Hi Kitch Family!
Thanks for the message on my Haiti blog- it made my day! I'm sad that I didn't get to take care of Carson during the rest of his stay with us, but I knew he was in great hands! I had an incredible time in Haiti! I will be putting some more pics up as the days go by... I'm going to write on the blog what I had written in my journal and attach pictures to them! It should be a fun way to remember the trip! Thanks again for the message, and I hope to see you soon (for a visit, not a stay!!)!
Erin
I just thought I would mention that I plan to make a trip to Fargo the weekend of Valentines day and would love to see you guys.
Also, I thought I would mention that where most of these blogs bring tears to my eyes, this one make me laugh so hard. I could just see Carson signing vomit as you described it and I was rolling. It is a good sign. Though personally, I enjoy his sign for poop.
I hope that Uncle Corey is doing okay!
Post a Comment