Thursday, January 8, 2009

"I'm going to run away!"

While Grace napped this afternoon, I left her in the care of Papa Chip and went up to the hospital. Carson, Daddy and I enjoyed a few games of Whoonu (this is a GREAT game!), had some giggles and then we prompted Carson for a walk around the unit. He was quite grumpy and didn't want to go. We finally got him out of bed - he needs to get moving. About half way around the unit, he was very grumpy (can you say 'exhausted'?). After much coaxing, we got him back into his room. You could hardly look at him, he was so grumpy.

After a bit he announced he was going to run away. I asked him where he was going to go and he responded "Level 1" (first floor). I stifled the giggles. Brought to mind the book "I was so Mad!" by Mercer Mayer. Perhaps if Carson is still 'so mad' tomorrow, he can run away then. ;-)

Not too long after I left, Trav reported that he fell asleep. Hope he has a good nap. I know that will improve his mood. He is obviously feeling better!!!

No comments: