Carson and I have had a lot of snuggles this evening. We put the rails up on his bed and used the controls to get the bed as high off the floor as we could. It was now a fort. It was so high that I couldn't get in (keep your comments about my vertically challenged legs to yourself!) ;-) So, after a very graceful entrance, I got on the bed. We snuggled for quite some time. This is also how we ate supper - side by side and in bed. It was quite the picnic. We took some self-pics of the deal too just to remember our cool fort. I don't think it'll be our last hospital-bed-fort during our stay.
Carson's day...well...what do we say? He had a great night - only woke for vitals at midnight and 4 a.m. He had a very bad coughing spell at 4:00 a.m. vitals time and we were up for a bit. He is eating much better - not 'normal' but more than his bird-like portions of the past few weeks. He is looking better and coughing less. All good news.
Carson's urine culture from early Sunday did reveal bad news - we learned yesterday there was a staph infection in his urine and today learned it was MRSA. If you don't know what this is, please don't google it. Just know that it could be very serious for Carson. Carson's doc is questioning its accuracy and we're all hopeful the specimen was contaminated. So a very squeaky clean specimen was ordered and Carson delivered this afternoon. We won't know for 48 hours. If it is positive...well, we'll cross that bridge when we get there, but Carson would need two weeks of very powerful IV antibiotics twice a day. I'm a 'worse-case-scenario' person with stuff like this and if we don't end up there, then GREAT!
We were cheered with visits from our church's visitation pastor, our neighbor Tim, Auntie Diane, Danie, Grammy and of course, Daddy and Grace. Carson also received a Minnesota Twins balloon from Uncle Corey, Uncle Chris and Auntie Hilary. Pretty cool, considering he was wearing the Twins jersey that he wore when he threw out the Twins ball at a game a few years ago!
Great Grandma is doing okay - she is quite short of breath and weak. She'll likely be discharged tomorrow and most likely to a transitional care unit. Will update more when we know more!
We're tired here - it's been a long day.
1 comment:
Lots and lots of prayers are going out from my end (and from my family and pretty much everyone else that I know). I hope that things are going well and that you get good results. I love you guys.
Post a Comment