Has it really been a week?
All is well here. We've had a wonderful weekend. More on that in a sec.
Our week kicked off last week with the start of classes at NDSU and MSCTC. The start of the semester is always a busy one for the two of us, and this was no exception. Carson started back to school on Monday - he slept in and got there mid-morning. That's how most of the week was for him. He gets wiped out pretty easily and is still so pale.
Nana Jane arrived on Monday as well - in the midst of the frigid temps and wind! She was such a God-send this past week. I'm not sure what we would have done without her! The kids had a wonderful time with her too. The only thing that I can't believe we missed was pictures with Nana Jane! (Considering I'm trying a project where I take at least one picture every day in 2009 and journal about it, I think I'm off to a bad start! I missed four days this past week and guess what days they were - when Nana was here!) So, we'll have to find a way to bribe and twist Nana Jane's arm to come up again! :-) Nana made one of her specialties - chicken noodle soup. It hit the spot with our cold week.
Moorhead had a two-hour late start Thursday morning due to the cold (-30+ air temp and -50 - -60 with wind chill). It was another good opportunity for Carson to sleep in. Nana also went home on Thursday and arrived safely. We're so thankful you were able to come! :-)
Carson had a doctor appointment on Friday - chest x-ray was 'all clear'! We were so happy! He has a few more days of oral antibiotic left; hopefully that will be it for a long while.
Gracie has sniffles and a cough - we were all a bit concerned by mid-week, but it isn't getting worse. We're quite certain she is getting some molars in. She's still happy - even through teething!
Great Grandma arrived back at Grammy's on Friday. She is doing fairly well - and is very happy to get back 'home'. We plan to visit her tomorrow.
We enjoyed the warmer temps yesterday and went on a sleigh ride. We've gone every year for years over the holidays, but this past time Carson was sick and it was too cold. Thankfully, they added a weekend! The temps were perfect! We got there early and we were the only ones on the ride. It's a ride around part of the river in Moorhead. This is the most snow cover we've seen - it was so beautiful. Grace (and Elmo) loved it. Carson was very tired, so he was a bit grumpy. He didn't want to admit that he was enjoying it. It felt great to get out of the house and get some fresh air.
After Sunday School today, we've had a quiet day at home. Grace took a three hour nap -and is already in bed now for the night. Carson is exhausted tonight. He doesn't have school the next two days and that is a blessing for his healing.
Both Trav and I are off tomorrow as well for the holiday. Trav will be home with Carson in the morning on Tuesday and I'm taking the afternoon off. Carson loves Obama (in November he declared John McCain was too old to work in a job) so he is excited about the inauguration. We're looking forward to explaining the day to him and hearing his take on things.
Carson was also asking questions about Martin Luther King, Jr. and why we have a special day for him. When I told him that he was a man who wanted people to be respectful to one another and for all people to be treated well, Carson declared that was 'very nice'. Next he asked what happened to him. I told him a man shot and killed him. Carson couldn't believe it. He said 'That was NOT respectful. Why didn't they talk?'
If only we, as adults, could learn more from kids, perhaps this world would be a better place.
2 comments:
Carson, you are one smart boy. You have a good head on your shoulders. :-)
Carson for President 2048 ! You'd be a big-hearted, wise president, Carson, but I don't think I'd wish that stressful job on you. As your Great-Grandma told your Uncle Corey "I wouldn't vote for you because that is too hard of a job".
Yes, we should all talk instead of shoot each other down...with guns, words, or deeds.
Love, Grammy
Post a Comment