Monday, March 23, 2009

Our week last week

It was spring break for Carson and Travis last week. Grace also had a break from Early Intervention, so I guess she had spring break as well!

We had excitement on Monday - our retention pond wasn't functioning right and our drain ditch was overflowing with water. Looked more like a river than a drain ditch. It has receded quite a bit, thankfully.

We were thrilled about the arrival of baby Jack late Monday. We can tell through the pictures that he is adorable! :)

Travis and the kids had a great time - several trips to The Children's Museum at Yunker Farm.

I really dug into research and got a lot done. I felt like I was glued to a computer, since I was on most of the day at work and then during the evening as well. I'm thrilled that I have finally arrived at a topic!!! Feels great to have this narrowed down. I have so much to do, but will take it bit by bit. I'm hopeful to get a lot done this summer.

We cheered on the Bison via TV and radio on Friday in their first appearance at the NCAA Men's BBall tourney. They were up against defending champs - Kansas. It was a great game, even though we lost. We're so proud of them!

We left Friday for Grand Forks to meet up with Travis' brother, Ian, his wife, Rhonda and their kids - Brody and Hannah. Brody was playing in a hockey tournament in GF and this was a great chance to connect up. It was fun to introduce Grace to an uncle, auntie and two of her cousins. The kids had a great time at the waterpark and playing in the arcade at the hotel. Wonderfully, Brody's team won the tourney!!! YEAH!!! Congrats to these boys!

We did leave for home earlier than planned yesterday - I woke up feeling awful and feared my strep throat was back. When we got back, Carson and I visited Urgent Care. Strep tests were negative, but I have a sinus infection. Another ten days of antibiotics. Is it spring yet?

No comments: