Sunday, March 29, 2009

Still safe and sound

Grammy and I arrived back in the Fargo-Moorhead area this evening from Des Moines after several very special days snuggling with adorable Jack (and listening to the local radio online/watching CNN). We had such a special time - thanks, Jack, for the precious snuggles.

We dropped Carson off in St. Cloud. It was so special to see Grace again. The kids were very excited to see each other too. I know Grace has grown since Thursday!!! Once Carson got settled in, we had a bit of playtime, it was time to get going. I know it was harder on Mama than the kids. They are in great and loving hands with Nana Jane and Papa Ron!

It was surreal to see what is going on in Fargo-Moorhead. It really is indescribable. The pictures/videos seem to say it all. I've linked to a few pics on my Facebook account too. I saw a pic on our local newspaper's site 'Mr. President: we need a bail out!' (along with a bucket). We're hoping that federal funds will be on the way (along with the needed local and state matches) to get much-needed flood control in this area. As many have said - this valley is like a tabletop - it is so flat there is no where for the water to go - it spreads out.

Trav spent the better part of the day at the FargoDome making sandbags. The call has gone out for making reserves in Moorhead tomorrow, so he'll be heading to Moorhead sites tomorrow.

On top of all of this, there is a winter storm coming into the area tomorrow. Potentially up to 8+ inches of snow in the next few days. Okay, I don't know how else to say this, but does Mother Nature have PMS?!? I do have to say prayers of thanks for the cold weather - that likely made a very BIG difference this weekend in the crest running lower than expected. Make note of me saying a prayer of thanks for cold weather - this has to be a first!!!

I'm resorting and planning on what I should take with when I return to St. Cloud. I'm watching the weather and will decide soon when I return to the kids. We're hopeful to get the kids back home Wednesday/Thursday, but will have to wait and see!

In very exciting news, Grace's birth certificate arrived in the mail!!!!! It is so exciting to see our names listed on her birth certificate! Next, we need to get a passport picture and passport for her...since the passport application process is at the Clay County Courthouse, we'll wait with that until the sand settles a bit around here.

All is great in the house - Trav, the two cats and six fish have managed quite well! :)

No comments: