Yesterday we braved the cold temps (it was 4 above when I woke up) and went to a bowling party. The kids had a great time! Grace was quite a pro and Carson showed off his bowling practice steps. He has a great approach when he is ready to bowl. We can tell he has been practicing with Mrs. K!
The boys went out to lunch. Sounds like they had a lot of fun. :-) Grace and I took a nap. I was feeling a bit yucky and was amazed to see that I slept for three hours! Okay, I love to sleep, but that was my first sign that something wasn't right.
Carson had a fun idea to make green eggs and ham for supper in honor of Dr. Seuss' birthday this past week. Grace wasn't too sure about the green eggs, but she was a sport. It was a fun meal.
Shortly after supper, Carson started reporting that his throat was sore. One quick look and I could see his throat looked pretty yucky. Soon we were off to Urgent Care. Since I was feeling worse (and am on day 5 of my meds) I decided to take him and get checked out myself.
The rapid strep tests were both negative. As we waited, Grammy kept us entertained, but Carson quickly fell asleep. Guess Grammy needed to break out the song and dance!
The doctor wrote scripts in case today's results were positive. Soon we were on our way home again.
Today dawned with more aches and yuck. Carson's throat looked worse and I felt very yucky. We decided to stay home from Sunday School. Sunday School kids were singing in church today, so we were sad to miss that. Travis went to help with the signing for the kids.
I napped again for a few hours. We got word early this afternoon that Carson's strep test turned positive. This is the very first time he has ever shown symptoms of strep throat. I truly can't count how many times he's had it.
Today, my strep test stayed negative, but that wasn't surprising as I'm on meds. So, it's probably a false negative.
Daddy dashed off to get the new, stronger meds and some juice.
Grace has a bit of a cough today, along with a runny nose. We're likely going to get her on meds tomorrow as even though she's not showing signs, she likely would have caught strep from Carson.
It has been a very lazy day. Need to do some disinfecting around the house and get to bed early.
This winter has been unbelievable for sickness. We truly, truly, truly can't wait for better temps and to hopefully stay healthy for a change!
1 comment:
I woke up yesterday with the early early signs of yuck! Hope you are all feeling better soon! LOTS of sleep and fluids, right?!
CAN'T WAIT TO COME VISIT!!
Post a Comment